Casey and Abby dressed in their Easter Finery for the day...
Matching dresses, sparkly butterflies in their hair, and matching white gloves... Between the time that they were dressed and ready for church and the time when we actually arrived at our meetings, Casey was mindful to not snag her dress, dirty up her gloves, or squish the butterfly in her hair. Abby, on the other hand, tore a seam in her dress, lost one of her gloves, and shredded one of the the butterflies in her hair. She did feel sad about destroying the butterfly, though... I found her in the hallway with a pair of scissors and some blue painter's tape, doing her best to put the butterfly wings back together.
Luckily, I had a few spares on hand. The girls were fun to dress up, and I think (hope) they liked it, too.
(For those concerned with fairness, Brian declined to have any Easter finery for the year... Sunday clothes are a bit of a bother for him, these days, and he'd just as soon not have any extra attention paid to them.)
Matching dresses, sparkly butterflies in their hair, and matching white gloves... Between the time that they were dressed and ready for church and the time when we actually arrived at our meetings, Casey was mindful to not snag her dress, dirty up her gloves, or squish the butterfly in her hair. Abby, on the other hand, tore a seam in her dress, lost one of her gloves, and shredded one of the the butterflies in her hair. She did feel sad about destroying the butterfly, though... I found her in the hallway with a pair of scissors and some blue painter's tape, doing her best to put the butterfly wings back together.
Luckily, I had a few spares on hand. The girls were fun to dress up, and I think (hope) they liked it, too.
(For those concerned with fairness, Brian declined to have any Easter finery for the year... Sunday clothes are a bit of a bother for him, these days, and he'd just as soon not have any extra attention paid to them.)




No comments:
Post a Comment