The big news that I was waiting to post while Chris was away:
Casey got a haircut. No big deal, right? Except that Casey has gained notoriety in our little town and school for having beautiful hair. (OK, I'm a little prideful about it.) It is shiny and straight and looooong (past her waist) and streaked with such lovely blonde and honey highlights.

One day recently she decided that she'd had enough of sitting for the elaborate braids we put in every day. Plus, she wanted it to have a lot fewer tangles and not take as much time to wash. So, we scheduled an appointment at B. Bella for a haircut.

Then we filled out the online form to donate her hair to Locks of Love.

On the big day, she was excited and I was a bit nervous. As you can see, though, it all turned out well.

We sent the 12+ inches off to the folks at Locks of Love, along with a little note that Casey wrote: "I hope you have a good day and I hope you feel better soon."

Casey has had a wonderful time since then, brushing her own hair (first time ever), putting in barrettes, and getting quick hair washes at bathtime. And, it was a great surprise to show Daddy when we met him at the airport.
1 comment:
she is SO cute and her hair looks fabulous!
Post a Comment