Friday, June 19, 2009

Colony Days

To help memorialize the colonization of our Valley, our little town celebrated Colony Days last weekend. Complete with events such as bed races, a car show, street festival, and the like. We participated by being in the parade with our church kids' organization and by spending some $$$ at the carnival... Rides, cotton candy, a couple of games.
Here's a photo of our the beginning of our part in the parade... Chris is dashing to keep up with the ATV pulling the meat cart, which happens to have Abby as a rider in it.


Brian on his bike...


Casey pedaling along in the drizzly rain... Man, I didn't realize how tiny her bike is for her. Time to get a new one!
Abby, riding in the meat cart with the other kids... She's got her face covered by the flag in the middle.

So, Chris and I went out on a fancy date for his birthday, and Mom and Dad kept the kids for us. It was a perfect "spoiling day" that ended in going to the carnival (again) to ride rides, play games, eat treats, and mostly just enjoy the fun that is Grandma and Grandpa. Here are a couple photos Grandpa took of Grandma and the kids on the Super Slide... I crack up every time I see the one of Abby and Mom. *Abby says this ride is the most fun ever, lest you are concerned for the worry that is apparent in her face.*




Yee-Haw!


It's always a fun tradition. The kids had fun in the parade, and we recognize that everyone should be in a parade at least once in their lives. That said, I think it is way more fun to watch from the sidelines.


Have you ever been in a parade?

2 comments:

The Wiser Side said...

Are you sure Abby liked it? or just liked it when it was over? that look on her face coming down is classic! The only parade I have ever been in was for stake celebration of pioneer day. But we love parades-we go to Gilbert days every year and I loved the dinky parades in Cedar City.

Stephanie C. said...

I LOVE Abby's face! I love how she's a 'try a bit of everything' kinda girl. I've been in a parade once, because I was runner-up in the Junior Miss Program. I got to get all dressed up fancy and wave like a princess. It was fun!