Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Bed into Garden Bench

Last year I found an old headboard and foot board in someone's yard. (I didn't just wander into her yard, to be clear. I had been at her place helping a friend pick up a craigslist purchase.) The wood was old and heavy and quite beat up.

Perfect. Just the kind of furniture I like to take home. (Chris was thrilled, as you can imagine, with another "treasure" making its way into our place.)

Anyway, I cut some of it away for a project, then changed my mind, and ended up thinking that the pieces that remain would make a great garden bench. So, my trusty handyman stepped in to help with the construction. Here's what he had to work with:



And this is what he came up with:






Now it's my turn to do a little something. Paint is on the way... Will post pictures when all done. :)



3 comments:

David said...

That's awesome!

highdeekay said...

I've decided I need one of those sidekicks (like on the HGTV shows) to help me create my visions for things. I have vision but not so much skill (or the tools for that matter). Chris is a good sidekick guy!

Amy said...

Wowzer! Love that!!!