On Monday, the day before the last day of school, Casey joined all the kindergarteners for Field Day. They had a bunch of fun stations set up around one of the big play fields, and the classes rotated through them... There was a parachute, hula hoops, soccer, tag, sack races. I worked at the Limbo station. It was hilarious. Anyway, when Casey's class came to the limbo station, she took Abby with her in the competition. Abby loved having Casey to be with and Casey liked being the big sister.
Casey's fancy hairdo for the day. My friend Amber introduced me to a cool blog that has given us lots of fun ideas for fixing hair. This one was funky and kept her hair out of the way... Perfect for the field day and picnic!
After field day, Abby and I were exhausted and there was only an hour of school left. I was doing my best to convince Casey that she should just skip the assembly that would be held, and come home with me then. At the last minute she said that she'd really like to go to the assembly, and I thought we might as well stick it out. Good thing we did, because Casey ended up getting an attendance award (she only missed 2 days of school this year). I would have felt like the Mother of the Year (not!) if I had convinced her to skip school that day. Whew, dodged that bullet. :)


1 comment:
LOVE the cute hair!! Saw the 2 different styles-good job! It sure is fun, huh. :o) WOW, I didn't realize you guys got out of school this early too! When do you start back up? We're Aug 6. And we still have a family reunion Aug 16! Your kids are super cute and it's so fun to watch them grow up! Love ya
Post a Comment