Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Goodbye, Benjamin Franklin

So, I parted with one of these today at the gas station:




Grrrrr.

With my tank nearly empty and gas at $3.97 per gallon I suppose it was to be expected. Still it made me pause to think about all the other stuff I could use that money for and how much more it will cost to fill up next time.


Things might change a bit once I get this:


Maybe I'll take my wheels for a spin when I need to dash to the grocery for a gallon of milk, rather than reaching for the car keys. Or maybe I will just be having so darn much fun riding around that I'll forget all about the undone errands.

Either way, I am so looking forward to my new bike arriving. I'll keep you posted on how it's working out.

3 comments:

ZooMom3 said...

Rock, I mean, Ride on! Is this a birthday present that's coming? I was totally blown away by your gas prices!! I thought Alaskans got some kind of discount. (insert sarcasm) Sounds like we need to bring more pipes and drills up there - ANWR maybe? I want to go biodiesel. Leftover coconut and peanut oils from deep fat friers will save money and caribou, plus it will make my engine smell like yummy Thai food ;-)

Have fun on your new wheels!

The Wiser Side said...

I want that too-how do we change our engines over :) My tank was $65 (3.52/gal) Sometimes I wish I lived in Europe and public transportation was easy! Tell us about this bike!

The Wiser Side said...

So what's it up to now? (being a few days later)