Yesterday was the last day of school! Hooray! We have bright daylight for quite a few hours these days, and it was getting difficult to make the kids want to go to sleep in time to get up in the morning. As it is, we are already into our "take a shower each night to rinse off the dirt" mode. I love summer in Alaska!
Anyway, for Brian's field day on Tuesday they rotated through stations, much like the Kindergartens did. The first graders, though, did some different things...Giant frisbees, rainbow-tail balls, and the three-legged race (pictured here). I was in charge of a tag-type of station, so didn't get to take too many pictures... This one is just perfect, though.
Abby making herself comfortable in Mr. Schaff's classroom at the end of the day... One of the benefits of spending a lot of time in the school is that Abby knows her way around and has kind of found her "place" at Swanson. The staff there know us, and she knows them. Casey was kind of the same way when she was going into Kindergarten, and it helped make the first of the school year totally un-stressful.Anyway, for Brian's field day on Tuesday they rotated through stations, much like the Kindergartens did. The first graders, though, did some different things...Giant frisbees, rainbow-tail balls, and the three-legged race (pictured here). I was in charge of a tag-type of station, so didn't get to take too many pictures... This one is just perfect, though.
Thanks for an awesome year, Mr. Schaff! We sure did love our time in his class. Casey grew so much, and I am confident that she is going to soar in first grade!
Thank you, Mrs. Evans! I am so pleased that Brian was able to spend time in her classroom... She genuinely cares for each of the kids and is so talented at her job. She encouraged reading and set high expectations for our kids. I am so glad we got to know her. Brian will be on good footing for second grade.




1 comment:
The kids' teachers this year were awesome. I'm glad I got to meet them. And sit in the little seats.
Post a Comment