Monday, November 24, 2008

An Open Letter To Adriane

Dear Adriane:

I know that you will be seeing Abby and I in a few hours for our scheduled haircut appointments with you on Monday morning. Abby has been looking forward to it for a while now, as have I. However, I am writing to you to let you know of a critical development that took place on Saturday evening.



I was putting away dinner dishes and Abby was playing quietly in her room. Suddenly, Casey came running into the kitchen to tell me that Abby had done something to her hair.



Here is what I found when I went into their room:

No, it is not a small mammal. It is a big bunch of my baby's hair... Ringlets and all. It was in Abby's hand and also strewn around the carpet.





And these are the scissors. At least they were the round-tip safety sort.

Me: Abby, why did you do that? Why did you cut your hair?!
Abby: It was in my eyes and I couldn't see.



OK, so she is a great problem solver.



She usually has her hair pulled back in a ponytail or two, but was just out of the bath and so I had not done it yet. Truthfully, her hair is still baby-fine and was just beginning to grow out a bit.

The result is that my little darlin' now has those cool 80's bangs that start way back on the top of her head. Plus, these are pretty uneven and a little short.




If any of my kids were going to be the first to cut their own hair, of course it would be Abby. And, if Abby was going to cut any of her own hair, I am glad it was bangs rather than a big chunk out of the back.




So anyway, Adriane. We are all looking forward to seeing what kind of magic you can work on this little sprite's hair. I am sad that her cute ringlets are a thing of the past, but know that they can be re-grown if needs be.

See you soon!

Thanks,

Laura

(I'll post update pix of Abby when we get back tomorrow. In the meantime, any suggestions for short hairstyles for an almost-4-year-old?)

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Laura, you are so cute! Adorable blog! Poor Abbey, little did se know the private shearing party she had made others go and check to see if their hampster had escaped and magically wound up at your house. I hope you like what we did with her beautiful hair minus the curls! :)

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

Oh. No.

Not another victim of this childhood game. I did it once...at school.

It must be hairiditary! So did my oldest son...at school.

I am sure she is still so cute. I can't wait to see the magical photos.

jody said...

don't forget to post pics! can't wait to see the cute new hairdo.
can't believe your little Abby is almost 4.