Saturday, July 26, 2008

Backcountry Tour with Brian

Chris' summer job for the last two summers has been leading ATV tours in the glacier and river areas near our home. Last year I got to go on two of the trips with him, and this last week Brian and I joined a group that Chris was leading.

Brian and I rode together in the "Rhino," kind of a golf cart on steroids.





Chris and Brian at one of the lakes we visited. Brian was absolutely thrilled to be hanging out with Dad and teaching the clients about living in Alaska.







Brian and I at one of the little stream crossings. Yee-haa!








Stopping at the turn-around spot. It's been raining all summer, so the mud was pretty mucky here. It was a great place to wait, quietly, hoping for wildlife to show up. They didn't. But we did get to listen to my handsome husband giving his tour-talk to the clients. A great day for Brian and I... Thanks, Chris!




No comments: